Today is usually the day we get to reflect on a few lessons Holy Spirit has been teaching me.
As I reflect on the past week, He has been teaching a lot. Each times I have however sat to craft a post, I find myself stuck mid-way. There is usually a beginning and maybe a middle, but no ending is in sight. Usually for me, this is an indication that the lesson is either still underway, or, I am not to share this post just yet.
That being said, as I stand this morning in the kitchen sharing my heart with Abba on how I feel pressure from all angles in my life, I’m reminded of a few of His attributes that I want to share.
- Yahweh is Faithful – not just what He does (being faithful), but it is simply who He is. He will not abandon me us and He will always come through.
- He is Sovereign– which means everything that is happening in our lives – He knows about it. He is ruler of all. He is our King, our Master, Our Yahweh.
- He cannot lie – we grow up hearing the mantra, God can do anything. Well, He cannot lie.
- And, He cannot fail – He is incapable of failing. It doesn’t matter the size of the giant – our God is bigger.
- He always wins – always. Our Father is incapable of losing. Even if your life looks like it’s in shambles, it is not because He has lost the battle.
- His Words are powerful – and they are true. Think back to a time in your life where His Words came to you and left you feeling transformed.
- He is Lord. As I continue on my journey here on earth, I’m reminded that the Lord wants to be Lord – of every area in my life. When I say I surrender, it is not just my church time, or my devotion time. It is all my time – which means I am not in control – I am not in charge. Newsflash, neither are you who are called by His name.
- He is Love. The word love is used so frivolously in our culture that we often lose the effect when it comes to how we describe Yahweh. His love is unconditional, eternal, without fail, without restrictions, without any strings being attached. He cannot help but love – because that is who He is.￼￼
- Lastly, He has a sense of humor. As I continue making breakfast, I share with Him how heavy the load I carry is. His response- “to whom much is given, much is required.” I hear You Abba, loud and clear 😂
How about you friend? On this day, have you learnt any attribute(s) about our Father during your times of crushing and pressing?